Secretly Vegetarian

Last night was the first all-vegetarian dinner I have cooked in recent memory (and especially for that many people). Initially I was planning on 11 people, but around 5:30pm Lucy told me that 9 more people had RSVP'd and I started to sweat. A little.

Assuming that everyone wants a meat centric meal, though, can definitely limit your thinking and your overall food budget. Even with an almost 50% addition to the party, there was practically plenty of food to go around. And I found the atmosphere of speculation hovering around what was coming out of the kitchen next (to be devoured in 5 minutes or so) to stimulate the crowd (or at least make everyone anxious enough over when they were going to get another bite). And at 2:30am I was still feeling pretty stimulated.


Menu du jour:

Pea, ricotta, and green onion spread with rosemary and olive oil flat bread

Salad of zucchini ribbons with spiced spring onion gastric and lemon vinaigrette

Pizza pomodoro

Cranberry bean and penne salad

Sweets thanks to Carlie (and Derek's pizza aux fruits a la Hy Vee)

1 comment: